If you’re a pub, club or brewery, join us and get involved in Great British Beer Festival at Your Local today
Are you a Pub, Club, Brewery or Cider Maker?
Why the Great British Beer Festival at Your Local?
With the absence of a single Great British Beer Festival event this year due to uncertainty of COVID restrictions, CAMRA wants the Great British Beer Festival brand to encourage people into licensed premises across the UK.
We are encouraging licensees to hold events and activities celebrating live beer and real cider under the Great British Beer Festival at Your Local banner.
We will be promoting these events nationally and locally with the aim to:
• Assist licensees by encouraging footfall.
• Assist brewers by increasing demand.
When will Great British Beer Festival at Your Local take place?
This will take place in the first week of August (30th July – 8th August 2021). But you are also welcome to extend the activities into the whole month of August too.
What kind of Events and Activities can you offer?
Activities can be large, medium or small. They can range in scale and include for example
- Special guest beers
- Mini beer festivals
- Promotions of cask conditioned beers
- Real cider promotions
- Meet the brewer sessions
- Brewery tours
- Beer or Cider tastings
- Anything that celebrates live beer and cider.
- They can be branded with a Great British Beer Festival at Your Local logo, and you can access associated promotional channels.
How will events be publicised and promoted?
CAMRA will advertise all events using our local and national media channels. Local CAMRA branches will be available for support. Artwork and a Great British Beer Festival at Your Local markeing pack will be available for the use of all event holders.
• Advertise the events using our communications channels
• Encourage all CAMRA members and the general public to attend events
• Provide an event portal under the local.gbbf.org.uk domain to contain a comprehensive list of all events
• Develop and provide marketing materials for pubs to use to promote the event
• Encourage engagement from local and national press in the event.
What should licensees and producers do?
• Put on an event or activity, or multiple events, during the week. We are not prescriptive about this, all we ask is that the activity involves real ale or cider in some way.
• Advertise your event and the campaign generally by using the digital platform and supplied marketing materials.
• Display CAMRA recruitment materials during the event and post-event.
• Allow CAMRA branch volunteers to champion CAMRA’s work and recruit new CAMRA members at an event, as and when feasible to do so.
What we hope to achieve together with Great British Beer Festival at Your Local?
More people in pubs and more demand for breweries and cider producers, and more awareness of CAMRA.
We hope you will support this initiative so we can help get people back to the pub, and back enjoying our nation’s great pubs, beer and cider!
Please note: we cannot guarantee events will be added post-5pm on 30 July. But please promote events on social media using #GBBF #AtYourLocal to get the word out, and link to CAMRA official sites wherever possible. Many thanks
30 July - 8 August 2021
Get in touch
CAMRA - The Campaign for Real Ale Ltd.